Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WebReaper...download whole web sites...FREE

The WebReaper home page - WebReaper is web crawler or spider, which can work its way through a website, downloading pages, pictures and objects that it finds so that they can be viewed locally, without needing to be connected to the internet.

The sites can be saved locally as a fully-browsable website which can be viewed with any browser (such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, etc), or they can be saved into the Internet Explorer cache and viewed using IE's off line mode as if the you'd surfed the sites 'by hand'. I have used it for over a year and I find it easy to install and use. It's fast and I have never had a problem with it. I've used it recently to download the whole SPCUG web site. -tp. BTW...doesn't work with VISTA, but I know of one that does, so there are FREEBIES for this task if you look. I use the search string: "download web site + freeware" [no quotation marks].

No comments: