Thursday, May 15, 2008

Future blinders firmly attached...

Written to and for epinions.com in October of 2000 by someone that had an opinion, but didn't know squat:

Dell is the top of the line in computers, but for a hefty price. I bought the Dell XPS 1000 system because I really don't think that there can or needs to be a better system. Intel has recently come out with the new Pentium 4, which I believe to be a waste of valuable money. Most people won't ever need to have a 1.4 Ghz processor. A 1 Ghz will do just the trick and thats what this system offers. I have bought many computers in my life and I honestly do not believe that this computer will ever get outdated. The 1Ghz Pentium processor in this thing should be sufficient for all of your programs. What application could possibly require a higher speed? Also, I have a 42 gigabyte hard drive and I refer to it as the "eternal hard drive" since there is no way I can fill it all up so I don't ever worry about having my computer too full of space which was a huge problem with past computers. The 128 megs of Ram lets my system and applications run simultaneously without having problems. The slimline Harman/Kardon speakers are unbelievable with the huge subwoofer. All aspects of this system are great, and all Dell systems are known for being the most reliable. Dell computers can work best for business and pleasure. We have 5 computers in our household and all are Dell Systems. We trust Dell 100% and are very loyal due to its great benefits.

The only problem with Dell systems is that they can be costly. They are definitely one of the most expensive systems out there, but if you can afford it and you want the best, I highly recommend this system. I really don't think that you will ever need to buy another system after buying this one. It will be one of the best investments you'll ever make.


Amount Paid (US$): 3000
Operating System: Windows
Processor: Intel Pentium III
Processor speed: over 1000
RAM: 128
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): 41-50

 

No comments: